Monday, July 6, 2015

Trip to the Biltmore Estate

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a super summer! 
Can you stand any more rain? 
Honestly, I feel like moldy and mossy.
 Enough with the rain already! 
I need sunshine to survive! 
Okay, rant over. 
So today, just for today, I am parting ways with usual Jennalane Photography Session loveliness.
Today I bring you snapshots and moments from a fun trip I took to Asheville, NC. As many of you know my Mom had a rough winter, fighting various ailments and ultimately being diagnosed with colon cancer. Fortunately, the prognosis was best case scenario and no treatments were necessary after surgery. Still. It was a crazy stressful winter. So, to celebrate Mom's new lease on life ( and to celebrate her 75th year), we went to see The Biltmore Estate!! My brother, his wife, my mom and me. We drove down there and stayed in the Inn on the estate. Oh my gosh, it was amazing! It's so beautiful there and seeing the Estate was such a great experience! I highly recommend it. 
On the way down we stopped at the Natural Bridge. On the way home we visited Luray Caverns, which we had done when we were kids, so that was really fun! All in all it was a really good get-away with family and it was so great to see Mom having fun and getting around like her normal self! We are blessed and we thank God for his healing hand on her. 
Hope you enjoy this post and I promise, there are lots of sessions to blog, so stay tuned for beautiful babies, kids and families in the coming days!


The Natural Bridge






The Inn at the Biltmore Estate




                            Having breakfast in this room everyday was so beautiful and delish!




My brother on the phone...cause every vaca is a working vaca. 



The view outside our room window...


The Biltmore Mansion and grounds





















Luray Caverns











No comments:

Post a Comment